Oven-Baked Summer Squash Fries
A summer squash has a strong resemblance, in flavor and texture, to a zucchini. You can, in fact, substitute zucchini in this recipe! The following is a recipe for the best oven baked summer squash fries!
How to Make It: Step By Step
- 1 medium summer squash
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups breadcrumbs (try panko breadcrumbs for a crunchier texture)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a large baking sheet with olive oil and set aside.
- Cut summer squash in half and remove the seeds.
- Whisk the eggs in a dish and set aside.
- In another dish, combine the bread crumbs, paprika, mustard powder and salt and pepper.
- Start by dipping the wedges, one by one, into the egg mixture and then the bread crumb mixture. Place each wedge on the greased baking sheet. Continue until all the wedges are done.
- You can bake the wedges as is for about 30-40 (until soft inside and golden brown on the outside) as is, but if you want a more golden texture, drizzle or spray some olive oil on top of the wedges. Flip half way through baking.
- Serve with ranch or another favorite dip.
If you are looking for more healthy recipes read my article on 10 Of The Best Keto Low Carb Recipes.