I just completed Persilla Shirer’s, Armor Of God Bible Study and it has helped me gain a clear perspective that spiritual warfare is real and it devastates many lives, families, and marriages. I didn’t realize how my marriage was under attack until completing the series.
The most powerful weapon against the enemy when you are in the middle of your spiritual warfare fighting for your marriage is Prayer. Prayer brings out the authority you have in the Lord as you speak against what the devil is trying to kill.
John 10:10 tells us:
THE THIEF COMES ONLY TO STEAL AND KILL AND DESTROY…
As a Wife, I am often consumed with the thought; “Am I being a good faithful wife”? “Do I honor and pray for my husband enough”? Am I an example of the wife God has called me to be? Could I be more seductive or more adventurous for my husband?” These and many more questions can overwhelm our thoughts. It can turn from one thought too many thoughts, and then it snowballs into self-doubts and insecurities.
These are the exact thoughts the enemy wants to consume your mind with. The thief has snuck in and wants to steal and destroy your joy and confidence as a godly wife. The enemy starts the battle by placing a negative reflection on ourselves, the women God has created us to be, and then the war is completed by causing us to lose our confidence in God and his promises. He consumes our thoughts so we will not stop and pray over our marriage and against the enemy attacks on it.
John 10:10 restores our hope reminding us:
I HAVE COME THAT THEY MAY HAVE LIFE, AND HAVE IT TO THE FULL.
Breaking these thought patterns can only be done by using the power of prayer. We must also have the faith and confidence knowing that the Lord, gives our marriage abundant life. Pray fervently to the Lord about your doubts, fears, and insecurities. The enemy hates a marriage that is serving the Lord because it makes it so powerful. I encourage you to continue to stay faithful in prayer together asking God to guide you through your marriage as a faithful wife.
The Lord is upon you when the two of you pray together (Matthew 18:20)
As a godly wife, your spiritual strength and discernment are vital to your marriage. When you have the strength of the Lord, and strength in the power of his Word, you have the ability to cease any of the enemies attacks. I have created a list of my favorite scriptures when I need to be reminded why God created me to be an excellent wife for my husband.
1. You can lift each other up when one feels weak Ecclesiastes 4:10
2. “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” Ephesians 5:31
3. An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. Her husband finds full confidence in her and lacks nothing. Proverbs 31:10-11
4. He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord. Proverbs 18:22
5. House and wealth are inherited from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the Lord. Proverbs 19:14
6. Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered. 1 Peter 3:7
A faithful wife desires peace for her household, she builds her home around the word of God. A faithful wife is consistently reading the word, speaking scripture over her life and the life of her marriage. As a faithful wife, you have the ability to restore, deliver, and prevent what the enemy schemes and tries to steal from you. I encourage you to stay active in the word of God for your marriage, stay faithful in prayer over your marriage and for protection of your mind against the enemy.
More Faithful Articles: